To say I’m already missing summer is an understatement. The hubs and I spent the weekend in Arizona to celebrate a dear friend of ours marrying his love, and while the overall desert landscape left something to be desired for this lake and tree-loving Minnesotan (though this view took my breath away time and time again), we spent a good portion of the weekend wondering why we love to live in the blustery, snowy (though more currently, rainy and dreary) Midwest.
A few days of constant sunshine and 80-degree weather in November will mess with you like that.
Before the weekend, however, while still in the aforementioned lake and tree-filled though rainy and dreary Minnesota, I was spoon-deep in this tropical parfait, feeling anxious excitement over the fact that in just a few weeks, it’s Thanksgiving (my second favorite holiday) and a few weeks after that, Christmas (my favorite holiday). Obviously my mind is conflicted between wanting to go back in time and wanting to jet ahead of it — season-wise that is.
Next spring, though? For that I can wait a bit. I still need a few more months of deep breaths and sleep-filled nights before our little lemon-sized babe enters the world. (Deep breath.)
I created this pineapple-macadamia nut parfait as part of Liberté Yogurt’s “Perfect Pairings” series. The decadence and mild sweetness of Liberté Méditerranée coconut yogurt pairs, well, perfectly with the richness of flavors imparted by the tart pineapple, white chocolate chips and honeyed granola. To say this is a healthy breakfast would be an exaggeration, but sometimes we need a little indulgence to start our days.
More appropriately, though, this parfait makes for an excellent dessert or mid-afternoon snack — the kind when you need a few moments to escape from the rain and overall dreariness outside your window, either back to summer or ahead to the holidays.
Though I suppose if this parfait is in front of me, I wouldn’t really want to be anywhere else.
- 4 crunchy granola bars (I used 2 packages of Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey granola bars), broken into smaller pieces
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 (6 oz) container Liberté Méditerranée coconut yogurt
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple or well-drained canned pineapple tidbits
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sweetened shredded coconut and more white chocolate chips, for topping
- In a food processor, process granola bars and nuts until crumbled.
- In a small bowl, fold whipped cream and white chocolate chips into yogurt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine pineapple and honey.
- Spoon a couple heaping tablespoons of granola mixture into the bottom of 2 parfait glasses. Top with ¼ cup of the yogurt mixture, then ¼ cup of the pineapple mixture. Repeat.
- Garnish with shredded coconut and more white chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Liberté Yogurt for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.