Guys and gals, can you believe it? We are practically two weeks away from Christmas! I just got my decorations up yesterday (#moving #somanyboxes #sendhelpandcookies) but I’ve been in the festive spirit since Thanksgiving. Thank you Mariah Carey.
In case you’re like me and you still have plenty of Christmas shopping to do, may I suggest cuddling up this weekend to your couch, your favorite online store, a cup of coffee and a plate of this chai spiced cinnamon roll pull apart bread? Bonus points if you do it in flannel pajamas by the Christmas tree and/or a fire. It could not be more holiday-perfect.
This season can be extra busy for so many of us, and I try every year to take some time to breathe and actually enjoy this special time of year (like when Avery yells, “I SEE CHRISTMAS!” every time we drive past Christmas lights). That’s why I love that this chai spiced cinnamon roll pull apart bread — made with those yummy Immaculate Baking organic cinnamon rolls we know and love — requires just 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. So you can sleep in, prep the rolls, make the coffee and by the time you take a sip from your first cup, breakfast is ready. That’s how I like to roll basically all year round, TBH.
I know you probably can serve these cinnamon rolls in regular cinnamon roll form, but why not give this pull-apart bread version a try? It takes just one extra step and makes for a fun presentation for breakfast/brunch, whether for you and your family or a crowd. I kept the chai-inspired spices in this recipe on the minimal side so the chai flavor doesn’t overpower the cinnamon rolls, but if you love that chai spiciness you can certainly increase the amounts. And don’t forget that icing drizzle on top of the warm rolls — it’s a must.
So take a moment this weekend to relax, soak up the season and enjoy a delicious chai-spiced breakfast. I know that’s what I’ll be doing (besides unpacking, oy).
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 can (1 lb 1.5 oz) Immaculate Baking Co. organic refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling on top of bread (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, stir cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. On lightly floured surface, unroll dough in one sheet. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly on top. Cut dough in half to form 10 short strips. Re-roll dough to form 10 small rolls. Arrange rolls on parchment-lined baking sheet into one long log, then gently pull rolls sideways to lean to alternating sides.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes until rolls are golden brown and baked through. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Cut one corner of icing packet and squeeze icing on bread. Sprinkle with pinch of cinnamon, if desired. Serve warm.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Immaculate Baking Co. for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.