- 1 sheet puff pastry (from 17.3 oz package), thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Roth Grand Cru Reserve cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian blend seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In small bowl, combine shredded cheese, dried oregano and garlic powder.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out thawed puff pastry dough to 14-by-12-inch rectangle. Use sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut dough into two 12-by-7-inch rectangles. Brush each rectangle with egg wash.
- On one rectangle, sprinkle cheese mixture. Place second rectangle egg wash-side down on top of cheese mixture; firmly press rectangles together and pinch seams to seal. Brush top with egg wash.
- Use sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut dough crosswise into 24 1/2-inch strips. Twist each strip and place on ungreased baking sheet(s) 1 inch apart, pressing edges to baking sheet to keep in place.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes until cheese straws are puffed and golden. Transfer to cooling rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.