albion fit review
This giveaway is closed.
You know me well enough by now to know that approximately 80 percent of the time I’m in my house working on the blog, Tweeting, creating recipes, etc. etc. I’m in some sort of yoga pants/fleece/cozy sweater/loungewear situation. I just really don’t see the reason to get dressed up for no one but my cat, you know? Plus, yoga pants = better baking results. It’s science.
But here’s the thing: I also really like clothes. I wouldn’t consider myself a fashionista by any means (most of my wardrobe comes from Target and/or Gap, true story), but I like putting some thought into what I wear so I don’t completely look like a hobo. And yet… most of my yoga pants/fleece/cozy sweater/loungewear situation makes me look like just that. Everything’s just a little worn out (probably because most of it I bought in college, oy).
So when Albion Fit contacted me about reviewing one of their oh-so-adorable pieces of clothing, I was all, “Whaaaaaatttt fancy-looking comfy clothes? OK YES.”
First, a little background on the company, in case you don’t know: Not only is Albion Fit a family-owned company that believes in green, sustainable practices when it comes to manufacturing their clothing, their mission is this — “to provide women with the most luxurious, flattering, and hassle-free fitness and leisure apparel on the market.” Basically, they provide women’s fitness and swimwear that doubles both as cute workout clothing and as an outfit for a quick trip to the grocery store or to hang around the house. Awesome. That sounds just about like everything I wear when I work out and/or work.
I decided to give Albion Fit’s new Petal Pant a trial run. You guys, I LOVE them. Like really, really love them. And here’s why:
1) They fit like a glove. They’re tight, so if that’s not your thing, you probably won’t like them. But I’m a big fan of wearing leggings as loungewear so these were a cute and comfy alternative.
2) They work well both as workout clothing and loungewear. I can definitely see myself wearing these often to do yoga, or to sit around in on a lazy Saturday morning. And if there is anything I love about clothes, it’s items that work for multiple occasions. Win win!
3) Um, they’re adorable. I mean really, don’t you just love that row of ruffles around the waist and the dainty stripes? I LOVE STRIPES.
I will say that the material was a bit thinner than I’d hoped, so they aren’t the warmest pants in the world and, truth be told, you have to be a wee bit careful of what underwear you’re wearing if you plan to wear them out in public. But aside from that, I love them. And you can bet that they are going to be a regular part of my everyday wardrobe from here on out.
And now that I’m done talking your face off about these pants, here’s your chance to get yourself a pair, or anything else on the site you fancy! Albion Fit is generously offering one lucky reader a $100 gift card to their online store.
So here’s the giveaway rundown:
To enter, visit albionfit.com and leave a comment below telling me what is your favorite item.
1. “Like” Albion Fit on Facebook.
2. Pin your favorite item from Albion Fit onto one of your Pinterest boards; leave a comment below with a link to the pin.
Contest ends on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. Contest is open only to U.S. residents who haven’t won an Albion Fit giveaway within the last six months.
Update: Candice is our winner. Thanks for playing, everyone!
Update 2: This giveaway is now closed!
Disclosure: I was provided with the Petal Pant from Albion Fit for review purposes only. All opinions are my own.