- 2 cups blackberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 cups lacto-fermented lemonade (instructions in the book)
- In a medium saucepan, combine blackberries, lemon juice and water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cook 5 to 8 minutes until blackberries lose their shape and the juices seep out. Use the back of a fork to smash the berries.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat; allow mixture to cool completely.
- Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the liquid from the blackberry pulp into a large pitcher. Press the pulp with the back of a spoon against the strainer to extract as much liquid/flavor as possible. Discard the pulp (or save it to put on top of yogurt, oatmeal, etc.)
- Add the lacto-fermented lemonade to the pitcher; stir to combine.
- Serve lemonade chilled. Lemonade will stay fresh in the fridge, sealed, for up to 2 weeks.