- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut in the butter until the pieces are the size of small peas and the mixture resembles a coarse crumb.
- Pour in the buttermilk; stir until just combined. Add blueberries and stir until just combined (do not overmix or you’ll break the blueberries).
- Scoop or spoon slightly less than 1/4-cupfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes until biscuits are puffed, golden brown and baked through. Serve warm.