For the cookies:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) dried blueberries
For the glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream cheese and sugar to a simmer. Stirring constantly, cook mixture 4 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened into a smooth paste. Remove from heat; set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt until combined. In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer or in bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter, powdered sugar and lime zest on medium speed 3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir on low speed until just combined. Fold in dried blueberries until just incorporated.
- Roll cookie dough into 24 balls (about 2 tablespoons’ worth of dough each) and space evenly on prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes until tops of cookies are set and bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. Immediately transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime juice and salt on medium speed until smooth and combined. Add more powdered sugar or lime juice as needed to make a slightly thick but drippy glaze. Drizzle glaze evenly over fully cooled cookies. Let glaze set before serving.