- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 2-inch-long, thin slices extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Continue stirring until butter turns a dark caramel color. Remove from heat; transfer to a small bowl.
- Toss apple slices with butter in bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Unroll and divide crescent roll dough into triangles on baking sheet.
- Top each triangle evenly with brown sugar mixture, then top each triangle with an apple slice and a cheese slice.
- Carefully roll up triangles from the long end. Brush tops with remaining butter.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until crescents are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.