For the strawberry rhubarb compote:
- 1 lb rhubarb stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb strawberries, stems removed and quartered
For the Dutch baby:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
For the basil whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes just until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat; stir in strawberries. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on middle rack of oven.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; set aside to cool slightly. In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat eggs 1 minute until pale and frothy. Add milk, pancake mix, vanilla and salt. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter. Beat 1 minute until well combined.
- Remove skillet from oven. Pour in remaining butter; swirl to coat. Pour batter into skillet. Immediately return skillet to middle rack of oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes until pancake is golden and baked through.
- While pancake bakes, make whipped cream: In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in fresh basil.
- Top warm pancake with compote; serve with dollops of whipped cream.