These homemade cake pops are such a fun little sweet treat! This 3 ingredient recipe is quick, easy and so flavorful. These cake pops are totally customizable. They are great for any occasion!
- 1 vanilla cake (9-inch by 13-inch size), baked and cooled
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1 package (12 ounces) white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles, colored sugar, or other desired decorations (optional)
- Crumble the cooled vanilla cake into a large mixing bowl using your hands or a fork, making sure there are no large chunks remaining.
- Add the vanilla frosting to the crumbled cake and mix until well combined. The mixture should be moist and able to hold its shape when rolled into balls.
- Take small portions of the cake mixture and roll them into smooth balls, about 1-2 inches in diameter. Place the cake balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball, pushing it about halfway through. Place the baking sheet with the cake pops in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to firm up.
- While the cake pops are chilling, melt the white candy melts or white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl according to the package instructions. Stir until smooth and fully melted.
- Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator. Dip each cake pop into the melted white chocolate, gently swirling and tapping off any excess chocolate. If desired, decorate the cake pops with sprinkles, colored sugar, or other decorations while the chocolate is still wet.
- Stick the cake pops upright into a foam block or a cake pop stand to allow the chocolate to set completely. If you don’t have either of those, you can place the cake pops back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the dipping and decorating process with the remaining cake pops.
- Once the white chocolate coating has hardened, the vanilla cake pops are ready to be enjoyed. Serve them as a delightful treat at parties, and events, or as a fun dessert for any occasion.
- Any flavor of cake works well. Feel free to use chocolate, carrot, Funfetti, vanilla or marble cake.
- In addition, any type of frosting works well.
- If desired, use chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips.
- Use fully cooled cake for this recipe. Otherwise, the frosting will melt.
- This cake pop kit is perfect and so easy to use.
Keywords: cake pops, cake, frosting, vanilla, chocolate, dessert, baking