These fun and festive white chocolate cocoa bombs are filled with white cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, colorful peppermint sprinkles and more, all ready to melt into a mug with hot milk for a deliciously decadent treat!
- 12 ounces bright white candy melts or white chocolate, tempered
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon peppermint flavoring oil, to taste
- 1 recipe batch white cocoa mix (from “Hot Cocoa Bombs”) or 1/2 cup store-bought mix
- Mini candy cane sprinkles
- Peppermint marshmallows
- Candy cane shaped cake toppers, optional
- 1/2 cup dehydrated mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes, optional
- 2 ounces red candy melts or white chocolate, tempered and colored red, for decorating
- Extra candy cane sprinkles, crushed candy canes, and/or candy cane toppers, for decorating
- If desired, add a sprinkle of the mini candy cane sprinkles to the bottom of a few of the molds. Melt the chocolate and thoroughly stir in the flavoring oil to taste. Pour 1-2 tablespoons melted chocolate into each mold and use a brush or the back of a spoon to make sure the chocolate fills in all of the mold and up the edges. Refrigerate 5 minutes to set. If the edges are thin, carefully brush more chocolate around the edges and refrigerate for 5 more minutes. Carefully unmold.
- Set aside 6 of the shells for the tops. Melt the edges of 6 of the shells that will be the bottoms. Fill these cocoa bomb shells with: 1 tablespoon white cocoa mix, a good sprinkle of candy cane sprinkles, a peppermint marshmallow, a candy cane shaped candy topper, and a handful of dehydrated mini marshmallows. Melt the edges of the leftover shells and attach the tops. Let set.
- Melt the 2 ounces of red candy melts or white chocolate and add to a piping bag or plastic bag. Snip a tiny part of the corner and pipe lines across the cocoa bombs. Sprinkle with a small amount of candy cane sprinkles, crushed candy canes, and/or a candy cane topper.
- To make: Place a hot cocoa bomb in the bottom of a mug. Add 10 ounces of very hot milk and stir well.
- Store finished cocoa bombs in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: hot chocolate bomb, white cocoa mix, peppermint white chocolate, white chocolate bomb, candy cane cocoa