Caramel coconut chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are ooey-gooey, soft and chewy and outrageously delicious.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, caramel bits and toasted coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate dough overnight or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 1/4-cup mounds and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each mound. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown on the edges and just lightly golden in the center. Let cookies cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer with a spatula to cooling racks.
Keywords: caramel chocolate chip cookie dough, salted chocolate chip cookies, coconut chocolate chip cookies