- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium spring onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large fennel bulbs (fronds and outer layers removed), cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fennel fronds
- 1/2 recipe beer pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes until onion is soft. Add chopped fennel and minced garlic; cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes until fennel is slightly softened.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes until fennel is soft and begins to caramelize. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the fennel fronds.
- Pat the prepared beer pizza crust dough into a thin circle or rectangle on a pizza stone or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush top with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Top evenly with onion-fennel mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown and baked through.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar just to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes until thickened and reduced by half. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature before drizzling over pizza.