- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), room temperature, for frosting
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed fine-grated carrots (about 3)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fig or apricot jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugars and egg yolk. In separate medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture to combine. Stir in oats, carrots and raisins just until dough forms. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll balls in chopped pecans to coat. Space 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; use back of wooden spoon to press indent into center of each cookie. Bake until set and lightly golden, 10 to 12 more minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat remaining butter and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Beat in goat cheese until smooth. Stir in fig jam. Pipe or spoon frosting into center of fully cooled cookies.