Deliciously cheesy garlic herb pull-apart bread that’s perfect as a side to any meal.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 to 115°F)
- 2 1/2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. organic all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In small bowl, combine sugar and yeast. Pour warm water over sugar mixture and let stand 5 to 10 minutes until yeast is foamy.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl or bowl of stand mixer with dough hook attachment, mix flour and salt until combined. Pour yeast mixture and oil into center of flour mixture; stir with wooden spoon or on low speed with dough hook just until dough forms. Transfer dough to well-floured surface and knead by hand 10 to 15 minutes, adding more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough is smooth, soft, elastic and only slightly sticky; OR, knead dough in stand mixer with dough hook 5 to 7 minutes on medium speed, adding more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough is smooth, soft, elastic and only slightly sticky. Transfer dough to lightly greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 1 hour until doubled.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir butter, parsley, garlic and pinch salt until well combined.
- Punch down dough and divide into 2 pieces. Place pieces on lightly floured surface and let rest 5 minutes, covered with clean kitchen towel. On floured surface, roll 1 piece dough into roughly 14×8-inch rectangle. Spread 2 tablespoons butter mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Cheddar Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, plus a dash of black pepper. Roll up from long end into 14-inch log; pinch seam to seal.
- With log seam side-down, carefully slice dough almost completely through into 1-inch rolls so rolls are still connected at bottoms. Lift dough and transfer carefully to prepared 8-inch pan. Arrange log into a ring in pan with rolls cut side-up. Repeat with remaining dough so you have 2 rings, 1 in each pan.
- Spread or dollop remaining butter mixture over tops of rolls in pans. Cover pans and let dough rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake bread 20 to 25 minutes until deep golden brown.
Keywords: garlic bread, cheese bread, organic all-purpose flour