For the gift jars:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
For the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- To make the gift jar: In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add mixture to a large (at least 1 quart) mason jar. Top with cornmeal, sugar, dried cherries, pistachios and shredded coconut. Seal jar and gift to a friend with recipe instructions.
- To make the biscotti: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour all ingredients from mason jar into a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil and lemon zest until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir thoroughly to combine.
- Shape and pat dough into a roughly 14-by-4-inch log on prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and set. Cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to slice log diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place biscotti cut-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced at least a 1/2-inch apart. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheet and flipping biscotti over halfway through, until biscotti are golden around the edges. Cool completely.