These chewy peanut butter cookies are rich, decadent, indulgent, and flavorful! This quick and easy recipe has a strong peanut butter flavor. They are nostalgic and classic!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, granulated sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, stirring until a thick dough forms. You may need to use your hands to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Once the dough is well mixed, roll it into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie.
- Next, flatten each cookie slightly with a fork, creating a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough until all the cookies are baked.
- Once cooled, serve chewy peanut butter cookies! Store them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- Use a creamy thick peanut butter like Jif.
- The cookie dough will be pretty thick.
- These cookies do not spread much while baking.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: chewy peanut butter cookies, peanut butter, cookies, vegan, egg free, baking, dessert