- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 and 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup light and fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Place rack in center upper third of oven and preheat to 300 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, light brown sugar, and honey. Stir over medium heat, until sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the warm olive oil mixture over the oat mixture. With a wooden spoon, gently scoop and fold, coating the oats and nuts, until fairly evenly moistened. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared backing sheet, press down gently with the back of a wooden spoon, then place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, removing from oven and stirring once every 10 minutes. When finished baking, granola will be slightly toasted around the edges and smell amazing.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Stir in dried cherries. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the refrigerator for 1 month.