A deliciously dense and fudgy chocolate bundt cake with a decadent ruby chocolate glaze.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 ounces ruby cacao wafers
- Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray the bottom and sides of a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Dust the bottom and sides of the pan with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the bittersweet chocolate at 50% power 1 minute; stir. Continue to heat at 50% power in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. In a separate large bowl using the Oster Hand Mixer with HEATSOFT technology, cream the butter on medium speed 30 seconds to 1 minute just until creamy. Slowly beat in the sugar while beating on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium-high and continue beating, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, 2 to 4 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs at medium speed, one at a time, beating after each addition just until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
- Use a spatula to gently stir in the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Begin with one-third of the flour mixture, then half of the sour cream, and repeat, ending with the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Gently stir in the melted bittersweet chocolate. Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool for 10 minutes in pan. Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate; remove the pan. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, microwave the ruby cacao wafers at 50% power 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave at 50% power in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate evenly over the fully cooled cake.
Store the cake, covered, at room temperature up to 3 days.
If you can’t find ruby cacao wafers (I found them at Trader Joe’s!), substitute semisweet or milk chocolate chips for the glaze.
Keywords: fudge bundt cake, sour cream chocolate cake, ruby chocolate cake, ruby cacao cake