Soft, moist and dense banana muffins loaded with chocolate chips! This easy muffin recipe comes together in just about a half-hour and is perfect as a snack or breakfast (or both).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate medium bowl, use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture; whisk until just combined (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups (the cups will be quite full). Top each cup with a few more chocolate chips as desired. Bake for 5 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F, then continue to bake muffins for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover muffins covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Recipe adapted from Preppy Kitchen.
Keywords: banana muffins, banana bread muffins, chocolate chip muffins, muffin batter