These chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies are soft, chewy, gooey, and flavorful! This quick and easy recipe does not require an oven. They are the best little quick treat. Only a handful of pantry staple ingredients are needed for these no-bake cookies!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa powder. Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, let it continue to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and immediately add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the peanut butter is fully melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Add the quick-cooking oats to the mixture. Stir until the oats are coated and evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by the spoonful onto wax paper or parchment paper.
- Let the cookies cool and set at room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes until they are firm. Do not place them in the fridge while cooling.
- Once the cookies have cooled and set, serve!
- Use creamy peanut butter from a classic brand like Jif. All-natural peanut butter will yield a more runny result.
- Use quick-cooking oats. These provide a better texture overall than old-fashioned rolled oats.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. Do not boil shorter or longer than that.
- Allow the cookies to completely set. Do not place them in the fridge to cool.
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge (once fully set). They stay fresh for up to 4 days.
- Freeze these no-bake cookies for up to 1 month. Enjoy frozen, chilled, or at room temperature.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, cookies, no bake, dessert, chocolate, peanut butter, oats