Decadent, chewy and ultra-fudgy, these layered chocolate-peanut butter revel bars feature a peanut butter-oatmeal cookie crust and topping with a chocolate-peanut butter ganache-like center. YUM.
For the cookie layers:
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- First, make the cookie layer: Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil; spray bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter on medium-high speed 1 minute until smooth and well-combined. Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula. Add brown sugar; beat on medium-high speed 1 minute until light, smooth and well-combined. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir oats, flour and baking soda until well-combined. Add oat mixture to butter mixture; stir on low speed just until a well-mixed cookie dough forms. Using hands or a spatula, press two-thirds of cookie dough evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Next, make the chocolate layer: In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir 1/2 cup peanut butter, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk until mixture melts and combines, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour and spread chocolate layer evenly over top of cookie dough in baking pan. Crumble remaining cookie dough evenly over top of chocolate layer in small clumps (so some chocolate will still peek through after baking).
- Bake bars 20 to 25 minutes or until top layer of cookie dough is light golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool bars completely in pan. Use foil to gently remove bars from pan before slicing.
- Store leftover bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Recipe adapted from The Wordy Baker.
- Make it gluten-free: Use Bob’s Red Mill’s 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour in place of the flour used in this recipe.
- Add a sprinkle of extra chocolate chips on top of bars before baking for added decadence.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter fudge, chocolate peanut butter ganache, peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough, layered cookie bars