- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 black plums, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In small skillet over medium heat, toast almonds until fragrant and skins are lightly browned. Cool slightly, then coarsely chop.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray 8-by-8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir oats, cinnamon, baking powder, sea salt and 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds until combined. In separate medium bowl, whisk milk, egg, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons melted butter and almond extract. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir until just combined.
- Place 1 cup sliced plums in single layer in prepared baking pan. Top with oat-milk mixture. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups sliced plums and chopped toasted almonds.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until baked through and golden brown. Drizzle top with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and more maple syrup, if desired.