Perfectly soft and tender sugar cookies coated in rainbow sprinkles for extra sweetness and fun! You’ll want to make these easy, no-chill, one-bowl cookies for every occasion.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese (not softened), cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups rainbow sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor*, pulse flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until well combined. Add cream cheese, sugar and butter; continue to pulse mixture until it appears powdery, with very small bits of butter. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract, if desired; process mixture just until a dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop** to scoop out dough in 1 1/2-tablespoon portions, one at a time. Roll dough between hands to soften and form into a ball. Place sprinkles in a bowl; drop dough ball into sprinkles and roll until dough is completely covered in sprinkles. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (you’ll probably have to bake in batches). Using the flat bottom of a drinking glass, gently press each cookie dough ball to a 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch disc.
- Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- *If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a stand mixer or bowl with an electric hand mixer instead! Just be sure, then, to use softened cream cheese and butter. If the dough feels too soft once mixed, pop it in the fridge for up to 20 minutes to firm it up a bit.
- **I use a #40 cookie scoop for these cookies to get the ideal size.
- Cookie recipe is adapted from Deb of Smitten Kitchen.
Keywords: sprinkle covered cookies, funfetti sugar cookies, cream cheese sugar cookie dough, no-chill sugar cookies