These slow cooker Swedish meatballs are guaranteed to hit the spot for dinnertime! Everything is made in the crockpot — even the gravy — so when you’re craving comfort food, it’s all ready to serve.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 lb lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Lingonberry jam, for serving (optional)
- Pour beef broth and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce into 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper, milk and egg together until well mixed. Use hands to shape into 1-inch balls; place in slow cooker in single layer. When the bottom of the cooker is covered, add the second layer starting at the outer edge (where it cooks faster). Cover and cook on High 2 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked meatballs from slow cooker. Whisk butter, flour and sour cream into cooking liquid in cooker until well combined. Cook uncovered on High 30 minutes until thickened. Return meatballs to slow cooker; stir to coat in sauce.
- Serve meatballs with lingonberry sauce, if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles for a complete meal.
- You can swap the ground pork for ground turkey, if desired.
- Room temperature butter and sour cream will help keep the gravy from curdling as it cooks.
Keywords: crockpot meatballs, slow cooker meatballs, ground beef meatballs, slow cooker gravy