- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 lb lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Lingonberry jam, for serving (optional)
- Pour beef broth and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce into 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper, milk and egg together until well mixed. Use hands to shape into 1-inch balls; place in slow cooker in single layer. When the bottom of the cooker is covered, add the second layer starting at the outer edge (where it cooks faster). Cover and cook on High 2 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked meatballs from slow cooker. Whisk butter, flour and sour cream into cooking liquid in cooker until well combined. Cook uncovered on High 30 minutes until thickened. Return meatballs to slow cooker; stir to coat in sauce.
- Serve meatballs with lingonberry sauce, if desired.