Decadent blender-made dark chocolate orange mousse with a touch of sea salt makes for the ultimate treat.
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- Fresh orange zest, for topping (optional)
- To a blender, add chocolate chips, sugar and sea salt. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk just to a simmer. Pour milk into blender; let stand 1 minute.
- Blend mixture on medium-high speed 1 minute until well combined and smooth. Add egg whites and orange extract; blend on medium-high speed 1 minute more.
- Divide mixture among 4 small serving cups or glasses. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream on top of fully chilled mousse, then sprinkle with orange zest, if desired.
- The chocolate mixture should be smooth, well combined and just slightly thick after you add the egg whites and orange extract. If it isn’t, not to worry: it’ll thicken up a lot once chilled.
- Not a fan of orange + chocolate? Swap the orange extract for vanilla extract for a classic chocolate mousse flavor.
Keywords: blender chocolate mousse, easy chocolate mousse