Three ingredients are all you need to make these chewy, flavorful, sweet and salty, flourless almond butter cookies!
- 1 cup (256g) unsweetened almond butter, well-stirred*
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- coarse sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in egg until a dough forms. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1.5-tablespoon-size mounds (about 18 to 20 total); space evenly apart on prepared baking sheets. Use fork tines to press each mound down slightly, creating a crisscross shape on top. Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Freeze dough on baking sheet at least 15 minutes to firm up slightly. Bake one sheet at a time 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are set and golden brown on the edges. Cool completely on baking sheet before serving. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated for up to 7 days.
- Recipe is adapted from Food52.
- *For best results, make sure the almond butter is well-stirred with its natural oil before you measure it out for the recipe.
- My favorite type of almond butter for this recipe is one that is made from just almonds — no added salt, sugar, etc. Target has a creamy almond butter like this!
Keywords: gluten free almond butter cookies, almond butter cookie dough, salted almond butter cookies