No-bake homemade chocolate peanut butter cups with marshmallow cream, peanut butter and flaky sea salt. Easy yet decadent!
- 1 bag (12 oz) high-quality semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and shortening on Medium (50%) 1 minute. Stir, then continue to microwave on Medium in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon 1 generous tablespoon melted chocolate into bottom of each paper liner. Use a small clean brush or pastry brush to gently brush some of the chocolate partially up the sides of the cups. Freeze cups 10 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Spread 1 teaspoon peanut butter into bottom of each cup. Return to freezer; freeze 10 minutes until peanut butter is set.
- Spread 1 teaspoon marshmallow creme on top of peanut butter layer (it may not spread as well right away, but will spread on its own over time). Freeze 5 minutes.
- Top each cup with remaining melted chocolate, about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons each; smooth tops as much as possible. Top with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Freeze 30 minutes or until chocolate is fully set.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Store covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Maldon sea salt is my favorite flaky sea salt for this recipe!
- Swap chocolate chips for a chopped chocolate bar, if desired.
- If you don’t like marshmallow cream, swap it for more peanut butter.
Keywords: peanut butter cups, mallo cups