This fruit pizza recipe features a soft and chewy sugar cookie crust, almond-kissed cream cheese frosting and tons of fresh fruit with a drizzle of honey on top for a simple-yet-stunning dessert that brings serious wow factor to the dessert table.
For the crust:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the frosting:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the toppings:
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as halved grapes, blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwifruit, sliced mango, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- First, make the cookie crust: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. In a separate bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl, then beat in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients just until a dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer dough to refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes (while you preheat the oven) to firm up slightly.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with foil. Once dough is chilled, remove from refrigerator and place on prepared pizza pan. Press evenly into an 11-inch round on pan (the dough will spread to the edges of the pan as it bakes).
- Bake cookie crust 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and center is just set. Cool completely in pan on a cooling rack; then, if desired, carefully transfer to a serving platter.
- Next, make the frosting: In a medium bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese, milk, almond extract and 2 tablespoons brown sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Use spatula to spread frosting evenly over top of cookie crust, leaving a 1-inch border along the edges.
- Finally, add the toppings: Arrange prepared fruit on top of pizza. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired. Drizzle evenly with honey. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover pizza, covered in plastic wrap, in refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Recipe adapted from Midwest Living.
- If you’re short on time or ingredients, you can swap the homemade cookie crust for store-bought refrigerated sugar cookie dough (use a 16-18 oz roll). Press the dough to an 11-inch round on prepared pizza pan, then bake 15 to 20 minutes at 375°F or until edges are light brown and center is just set. Continue with recipe as written.
Keywords: sugar cookie pizza, dessert pizza, cream cheese frosting, dessert fruit pizza