For the hazelnut crust:
- 2 cups hazelnut flour/meal
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
For the pie:
- 7 cups pitted and sliced plums (about 10 plums)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- To make the crust: Add ingredients to a food processor. Pulse just until a dough forms. Shape dough into a disk about 5 inches in diameter. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill in fridge at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss sliced plums with sugar and cornstarch.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Press dough into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Arrange plums in pie plate (or if you’re into a more rustic look, just pour the plums into the pie plate). Sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until crust is a deep brown and plums are soft and juicy. Cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.