Perfectly chewy and cakey gluten-free chocolate chip cookies topped with a sprinkle of sea salt. You won’t even know they’re baked without gluten!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour (see Notes for my favorites)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional, but highly recommended)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until just combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate dough at least 1 hour to firm up, but no more than 24 hours.
- When it’s time to bake, heat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set out a third baking sheet, cutting board or large plate (to store extra cookie dough balls while you bake). Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough at a time; roll each scoop into a ball. Place dough balls on unlined baking sheet/cutting board/large plate. Transfer as many dough balls as you can to one prepared/lined baking sheet so that they’re spaced at least 3 inches apart (I was able to bake 6 at a time). Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough ball, if desired. Store extra cookie dough balls on baking sheet/cutting board in fridge.
- Bake cookies 10-13 minutes or until edges are golden and set. Immediately sprinkle cookies with sea salt, if desired. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. While cookies are baking, you can prep the second batch of cookie dough balls on your second lined baking sheet, keeping any extra cookie dough refrigerated until just before baking. Continue to alternate baking between two lined baking sheets (so each has time to cool completely) until all cookies are baked.
- Store fully cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: gluten free cookie dough, gluten free flour, salted chocolate chip cookies