- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Liberté Méditerranée French vanilla yogurt
- Chopped walnuts, for topping (optional)
- Combine chopped apples, ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cover.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft and mixture is thickened.
- Spoon yogurt into serving bowls. Top with spoonfuls of warm compote. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.