Minty, chocolaty, and so delicious! This easy grasshopper pie recipe is alcohol-free with the same cool, refreshing, creamy filling you love + a no-bake Oreo crust. Perfect for any time of year and any occasion.
For the crust:
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 24 standard-size marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green gel food dye (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the topping:
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Chopped Andes mints and/or chopped Oreo cookies
- First, make the crust: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies to a very fine crumb. Transfer cookies to a medium bowl; add melted butter and stir until mixture is well-combined. Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate (use the bottom of a dry measuring cup to press the crust down as much as possible). Transfer pie plate to the freezer to chill the crust while you make the filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a very gentle simmer. Add marshmallows; stir until just melted. Remove from heat; set saucepan aside to cool to room temperature, then transfer saucepan to the fridge until the mixture is fully cool, even slightly chilled.
- Remove saucepan from the fridge; whisk in peppermint extract and vanilla extract until combined, then whisk in 1 to 2 drops green food dye, if using. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gently fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture until just combined.
- Spoon and spread filling into chilled and set Oreo crust. Cover pie plate with plastic wrap and return to the freezer. Chill pie for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, top with more whipped cream and chopped Andes mints/Oreo cookies. Serve chilled. Store leftover pie, covered, in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Filling recipe adapted from Simply Recipes.
Keywords: mint chocolate pie, marshmallow pie filling, Oreo cookie crust, no bake grasshopper pie, no alcohol grasshopper pie