For Green Goddess dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
For potato salad:
- 2 lbs small mixed potatoes (such as purple, yellow and red potatoes), or red potatoes, cut into quarters
- Salt, to taste
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped*
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen and cooked) green peas
- 1 cup Green Goddess dressing
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make Green Goddess dressing: In blender, puree all ingredients until smooth. Measure 1 cup for recipe; reserve remaining dressing for another use (such as drizzling on salad, as a dip for veggies, etc.).
- Place quartered potatoes in large saucepan; cover by 1 inch with cold water. Add generous pinch or two of salt. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10 minutes until potatoes are just fork tender. Drain and transfer potatoes to large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes until crisp. Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Transfer drained bacon to mixing bowl with potatoes.
- To mixing bowl, add eggs, scallions, tomatoes, peas and dressing. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with more salt and ground pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or chill in fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
- *Here’s how I hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in saucepan and cover by about 1 inch with cold water. Bring water just to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn off heat. Cover saucepan and let eggs sit 12 minutes. Remove eggs from saucepan and run under cold water until cool. Peel and proceed with recipe as directed.