- 4 (6 to 8 oz) chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 oz) pouch Progresso® Recipe Starters Fire Roasted Tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil and cooked angel hair pasta, for serving (optional)
- Slice chicken breasts in half widthwise; pound out with a meat tenderizer to an even thickness. Toss chicken pieces in a large bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (about 375°F to 400°F). Place a large cast-iron skillet on one side of the grill, and place chicken pieces on the other side of the grill. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes on each side until grill marks appear.
- Transfer chicken to heated skillet. Top evenly with sauce, then sprinkle with cheese. Cover grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is melted, sauce is bubbling and chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve chicken on top of pasta sprinkled with fresh basil, if desired.