- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup diced grilled pineapple*
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (from about 1/2 lime)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl until combined, adjusting ingredients to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
- *To grill the pineapple: Slice a whole pineapple into rings (see photo above). Heat the grill to medium and grease the grates with olive oil. Place a few rings on the greased grates and grill on each side about 4 minutes until grill marks appear. Remove from grill; dice and add to bowl.