You’ll get a triple-dose of chocolate in this Instant Pot cheesecake! A chocolate cookie base is topped with a creamy chocolate filling and finished off with a thick layer of ganache for the tastiest dessert you can make without ever turning on your oven.
For the crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb (2 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
For the ganache topping:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Spray bottom and sides of a 7- to 7.5-inch round springform pan with a removable base with cooking spray (or coat with butter). Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- First, make the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together crushed cookies, 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt until well combined. Use fingers, a spatula or the flat bottom of a drinking glass to press crust evenly into bottom and slightly up sides of prepared pan. Transfer to freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips on High 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave on High in 15- to 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on low speed until smooth. Beat in brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add cocoa powder and beat on low speed until smooth. Slowly beat in 1/2 cup heavy cream on low speed until just combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed until just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl again. Slowly beat in melted chocolate on low speed until well combined.
- Pour and spread filling over chilled crust in pan. Gently rap the pan against your counter a few times to remove any possible air bubbles.
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot/electric pressure cooker. Place Instant Pot trivet into pot. Gently place springform pan on top of trivet. Lock the lid and set the valve to SEALING. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 35 minutes. (It will take about 5-7 minutes to come up to pressure.)
- Once cook time is done, allow the pressure naturally release for 25 minutes; then, quick release any remaining pressure. Remove springform pan from Instant Pot; transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. (The cheesecake should be mostly set with a slight jiggle.) Run a paring knife around the edge of the cheesecake to gently loosen it from the sides of the pan, and use a paper towel to gently blot up any condensation that may have settled on top of the cheesecake.
- Once cheesecake is completely cooled, cover pan with plastic wrap and transfer to fridge to chill at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Once the cheesecake has fully chilled, make the ganache topping: In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Microwave mixture on High for 30 seconds; stir, then continue to microwave on High in 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken slightly.
- Remove side ring from springform pan. Spoon and spread ganache over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow ganache to set on top of cheesecake. Just before serving, top with sea salt, if desired.
- Store any leftover cheesecake covered lightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Dutch process cocoa powder can be found next to unsweetened cocoa powder in the baking aisle. It has a darker color and deeper chocolate flavor, which lends itself well to this cheesecake.
- Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.
Keywords: pressure cooker cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake filling, Oreo cookie crust, ganache topping