- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon wheat bran
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™ spread
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup seedless jam (I used strawberry, but any flavor will do)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Toast 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant. Cool, then rub off the skins between two paper towels. Discard skins; roughly chop hazelnuts.
- If using a dark or nonstick muffin pan, reduce heat to 325 degrees F (if not, keep at 350 degrees F). Lightly grease muffin pan cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, wheat bran, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, Deliciously Simple™ spread and eggs; stir until just combined. Stir in chopped hazelnuts. Carefully fold in 1/2 cup strawberry jam.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Spoon a small dollop of remaining 1/4 cup jam on top of batter in each cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely (you may need to run the back of a butter knife around the muffins to loosen them from the tin).
- Serve warm or room temperature with Deliciously Simple™ spread.