For the blueberry sauce:
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the cheesecake crust:
- 1 cup Ginger Snap crumbs (from about 20 cookies)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 6 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups light sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- To make the blueberry sauce: In a small saucepan, bring blueberries, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes until blueberries have cooked down and mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in lemon zest. Transfer sauce to a bowl or container and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the cheesecake crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together Ginger Snap crumbs, graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add butter and stir until well combined. Using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, press mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling: Pour 1/2 cup of the heavy cream into a small saucepan on a stovetop; sprinkle with the gelatin. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Turn on heat to low; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add remaining heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and cream is heated through.
- Meanwhile, add cream cheese, sour cream and lemon zest and juice to a blender. Blend 1 minute until well combined. Pour in hot heavy cream mixture. Blend another 4 to 5 minutes until filling is well combined and thickened.
- Pour and spread filling evenly onto cooled crust. Chill in refrigerator uncovered for 1 hour, then cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill another 4 hours (or overnight) to set.
- Serve chilled cheesecake with blueberry sauce spooned on top.