- 2 lbs ground beef, crumbled, cooked and drained
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (18 oz) container barbecue sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s — the tangier, the better)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together cooked ground beef and chopped bacon to combine.
- Add beans, brown sugar and barbecue sauce. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish. Cover and bake 45 minutes until bubbly and warmed through. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.