- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash smoked (or regular) paprika
- Chopped chives and ground pepper, for topping (optional)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan; add just enough water to the pan so eggs are completely submerged. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, cover pan and remove from heat. Let eggs sit 12 minutes in pan, then drain and run under cool water.
- Peel eggs, then chop. Transfer chopped eggs to a large bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and mustard; taste, and add more mayo or mustard depending on your preference, if necessary. Add a dash of garlic powder, salt and paprika and stir to combine; taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve on bread, toasted or untoasted, with chopped chives and ground pepper on top, if desired.