This no-knead Dutch oven bread is the easiest bread you’ll ever bake! No kneading, no fuss, just delicious carbs.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Star active dry yeast OR 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 to 115°F)
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and yeast until well mixed. Pour in warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir until a shaggy dough forms. The mixture will be wet and very sticky to the touch.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place 8 to 18 hours until dough rises, bubbles and flattens on top.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Once oven is preheated, place a 6-quart Dutch oven (with cover) in oven 30 minutes before baking.
- Punch down dough. Generously flour a sheet of parchment paper; transfer dough to parchment and, with floured hands, quickly shape into a ball. Place dough on parchment paper and sprinkle top lightly with flour. Top with a sheet of plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from oven. Uncover dough and carefully transfer to Dutch oven, with or without parchment paper beneath (if bottom of Dutch oven is not coated with enamel, keep parchment paper beneath dough). Cover Dutch oven and return to oven.
- Bake bread 45 minutes covered, then another 10 to 15 minutes uncovered until dough is baked through and golden brown on top. Cool completely before slicing, at least 1 hour.
- Store leftovers in a resealable food storage bag for up to 2 days.
- Ready for the next level in flavor? Try my Rosemary-Garlic No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread recipe.
- Freeze: You can freeze this bread, fully baked and cooled. Once cooled, either place in a large resealable food storage bag or wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil; freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw, covered, at room temperature until ready to slice.
Keywords: artisan bread, easy homemade bread, simple bread recipe, no knead bread