nutella-swirled cappuccino cheesecake bars
Oh me oh my oh YUM.
That’s what I always say to myself when I take a bite of one of these delicious Nutella-swirled cappuccino cheesecake bars.
You read that right: Nutella. Plus cappuccino. Plus cheesecake. In bar form, with a chocolate cookie crust. Glory glory, hooray!, huzzah!, oh me oh my oh YUM.
Remember that one time I told you about a salted caramel peanut butter cream pie and Liberté’s new caramel-flavored yogurt? Welllll, now is the time when I tell you that they also are about to come out with a cappuccino-flavored yogurt, which only further reenforces my plans to camp outside the grocery store until both yogurts are in stock. WHO’S WITH ME? (For extra motivation, see above, Nutella-swirled cappuccino cheesecake bars.)
Liberté’s Méditerranée Cappuccino Yogurt may be the best yogurt I’ve ever tasted — truly. Well, besides the caramel-flavored yogurt, maybe. I’ll have to eat at least a dozen of each to decide for sure which is my favorite. And then I’ll have to eat no less than three slices of pie and three of these bars to decide which dessert is my favorite. It’s going to be TOUGH.
But more about that yogurt. It’s smooth and decadent and indulgent and made just with what’s necessary to create a delicious yogurt-y nirvana, like whole milk, cream, cane sugar, yogurt cultures and coffee extract. It tastes almost like a tangy latte that you can eat with a spoon. And combined with chocolate, hazelnut and cheesecake flavors, well, the end result is just about one of the best things to come out of my kitchen.
And it’s also best that you double the batch of these lest you want to run out of them in, like, a day (not that I have any firsthand experience with this. Ahem).
In conclusion: Dream a little dream of Nutella, cappuccino yogurt and cheesecake until later this summer when the yogurt arrives in stores. Seek out said yogurt and buy a million containers. Make these bars, and snack on the extra yogurt while doing so. Repeat.
Liberté Méditerranée Cappuccino Yogurt will be arriving in stores later summer. Here is a link to Liberté’s product locator to find a retailer near you: http://liberteusa.com/Product-Locator
For the crust:
- 1 cup fine chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (6 oz) container Liberté® Méditerranée cappuccino yogurt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Heat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Bake 10 to 12 minutes to set. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, flour and eggs with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture over cookie crust.
- Heat Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second intervals until it reaches a drizzling consistency. Pour evenly over cheesecake mixture in dish. Use a sharp knife to swirl Nutella into cheesecake mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes until cheesecake mixture is set and lightly golden on the edges. Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator and let set at least 2 hours. Slice into bars.
Disclosure: I received compensation and sample yogurts from Liberté for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.