- 1 box (13.25 oz) Dreamfields angel hair pasta
- 1 container (10.5 oz) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 basil leaves, plus more torn leaves for topping
- 5 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a large saucepan, combine pasta (noodles broken in half to fit in pan, if necessary), tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onion, basil leaves, water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes until pasta is al dente and water is almost fully evaporated (there may be about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water left when the noodles are done; this is OK, as it will soak in as the pasta cools).
- Season pasta with more salt and pepper, if needed, then divide among serving bowls. Top with extra torn basil leaves and shredded Parmesan cheese.