Easy and delicious peach crisp made with fresh, juicy peaches and a crunchy oat topping! Serve with vanilla bean ice cream for the best summertime treat.
- 12 medium to large peaches, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Vanilla bean ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In the bottom of a 13×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, toss peaches with granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Let sit, tossing occasionally, while you prepare the oat topping.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and remaining 1 cup flour until well combined. Use a pastry blender or your fingers to cut in butter, mixing until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Top peaches evenly with oat topping. Bake crisp 50 minutes to 1 hour until fruit juices are bubbling and oat topping is golden brown.
- Transfer baked crisp to a cooling rack and let cool 1 hour. Serve in bowls topped with ice cream, if desired.
- This recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit.
- Swap the peaches called for in the recipe for an equal amount of blueberries, plums, strawberries or apples, if desired.
Keywords: granola topping crisp, easy fruit crisp, crunchy oat topping