The classic childhood (and let’s be honest, adulthood) flavor pairing makes for a seriously delicious milkshake! All you need is vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, your favorite fruit jam and a splash of milk for this sweet and decadent treat.
For the optional garnishes:
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- crushed roasted peanuts
- 4 teaspoons raspberry, strawberry or grape jam/jelly
For the milkshakes:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry, strawberry or grape jam/jelly
- First, prepare the glasses with garnishes (optional): Place 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a shallow bowl. Dip and swirl the tops of two large drinking glasses in the peanut butter to coat. Dip into a bowl of crushed peanuts to coat (or sprinkle the peanuts along the tops of the glasses).
- Use a knife or an offset spatula to spread 2 teaspoons jam or jelly per glass up the sides in a swirl. Transfer the glasses to the freezer while you prepare the milkshake mixture.
- Next, make the milkshakes: In a high-powered blender, blend vanilla ice cream, milk, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 tablespoons jam or jelly until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Carefully pour the milkshake mixture evenly into the prepared glasses. Serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from Disney.
- I highly recommend using a high-quality vanilla ice cream and 2% milk for this recipe for the best flavor.
- If desired, skip the garnishes and top each milkshake with whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
Keywords: peanut butter milkshake, jam milkshake, raspberry milkshake, strawberry milkshake