A soft and chewy skillet cookie loaded with peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks and a layer of creamy peanut butter in the center. Serve warm topped with ice cream for the ultimate easy dessert!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch cast-iron or oven-safe skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until just combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir just until a dough forms. Stir in peanut butter chips and chopped chocolate until just combined.
- Spread half of cookie dough into bottom of prepared skillet. Spread peanut butter on top of cookie dough in a thin, even layer. Top peanut butter with remaining cookie dough, being careful to cover as much peanut butter as possible.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges of cookie are set and deep golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cookie comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Cut into wedges or squares. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Adapted from Tasty Recipes.
- Store leftover skillet cookie in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you don’t have an 8-inch oven-safe skillet, you can bake the dough in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
Keywords: deep dish cookie, peanut butter chips, peanut butter stuffed cookie