- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup pistachios
- In bowl of food processor, process mint and basil until very finely chopped. Add grated cheese, shallot, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Process until well combined. Add pistachios and process until pistachios are mostly chopped but left a little chunky.
- Refrigerate pesto at least 1 hour before serving.