For the salted caramel sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the lattes:
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 4 ounces brewed espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 cups Original Silk Cashewmilk
- Whipped cream, salted caramel sauce and salted cashews, for topping (optional)
- To make the salted caramel sauce: In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, 5 to 7 minutes until mixture turns a deep amber color (use a wet pastry brush to brush off any sugar crystals that stick to sides of saucepan while cooking). Remove from heat.
- Whisk in heavy cream, butter and salt until melted and smooth (mixture will bubble up; this is normal).
- Divide 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce between two mugs (2 tablespoons in each). Pour remaining salted caramel sauce in a bowl or jar to cool.* Pour 2 ounces brewed espresso in each mug.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm Cashewmilk until heated through. Divide between mugs (3/4 cup in each). Stir to combine.
- Top each mug with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of salted caramel sauce and a sprinkle of salted cashews, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *NOTE: Recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups salted caramel sauce. Sauce will keep in fridge, sealed, for up to 2 weeks.