Tender marinated Flank Steak is cooked with roasted veggies on a sheet pan to savory, umami-filled goodness. Serve with hot, fluffy rice for a complete meal!
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs beef Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh vegetables (green beans, broccoli and/or red pepper), chopped or sliced
- Cooked white rice, sesame seeds and sliced green onions, for serving
- In a large bowl or large resealable plastic bag, stir 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/3 cup soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper until well combined. Add sliced steak; stir or seal bag and gently toss to coat meat. Refrigerate 2 to 8 hours (or overnight).
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss prepared vegetables with remaining 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons soy sauce. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- With tongs, remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Transfer meat to an empty space on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until vegetables are crisp-tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of largest strip of beef reads between 145°F and 160°F.
- Serve beef and vegetables in bowls with rice. Top with sesame seeds, green onions and more soy sauce, if desired.
If you can’t find Flank Steak, Hanger Steak or thin-cut Sirloin works well in this recipe, too.
Keywords: honey soy marinade, flank steak marinade, sheet pan steak